What is Common Core School?
- Common Core School will be a unique and FREE virtual school, blending current and emerging technologies for both delivery and curricula.
- It will align the Common Core State Standards of education to all content and each rigorous lesson will additionally be aligned and relevant to multiple Vocational Tracks.
- It will be ad-based, completely free, the first school to deliver true equity via family-friendly sponsorship.
- Via our iri initiative, it will leverage the emerging Web 3.0, the Semantic Web, to serve up pertinent content to students while they work and connect stakeholders for collaboration.
- It will incorporate Project-Based Learning.
- It will offer Asynchronous Online Classes. With expansion, the curricula will be scaled to Synchronous Distance Learning and Blended Learning environments.
- It will offer immediate feedback via its automated model.
- It will require collaboration between stakeholders: Instructors, Students, Parents and Community.
- It will integrate Common Core Character components, universally recognized values as both means and ends of each project.
- It will offer Tiered Diplomas: Basic (Accredited Diploma - Credit Recovery Option), Honors (Major, optional Minor, Minimum ACT score as exit exam) and Vocational (Career Track leading to Industry Certifications as exit exam).
CCS: Perfect Timing
- Secretary of Education Duncan: American schools need to shift focus to students graduating “College- and Career-Ready."
- President Obama: Proposal for Universal Preschool -
CCS = Free & Quality Home-(Pre)school and Community Cluster Curricula.
- Shortened College? Graduates will be qualified with a CCS Honors or Vocational Diploma, as it used to be.
- Precision Education: Emerging Careers for 2013.
- Even with a College Scorecard, many families cannot afford post-secondary education.
Common Stakeholder Responsibility
- Variable but Mandatory Parent Component from Correcting Homework to actual Instruction.
- Home-school – “School in a Box.”
- Staff serves Support/Guidance/Intervention.
PLCs of the most highly-qualified New & Veteran Teachers and Career Changers will author the curricula. As a result lessons will assure rigidity, relevance and truly establish the relationships between student, teacher and subject.
Wholly Personalized Education
- Individual Pace & Entry Point (CLEP-type exams).
- Credit for Real-World Experience & Open Coursework.
- No Grade Levels – Student Profile shows “Progress Meter” to Graduation.